Blogging my weight loss journey.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

10 Weeks In

I've been on this latest version of this journey towards good heatlth for 10 weeks now.  I've lost 15 pounds.   I honestly thought the first 20 would come off faster but I'm actually really happy with my progress.  There is more going on than the scale shows.    One NSV is that last week I was able to wear a new pair of jeans in size 20 for the first time in a long time.  I can't wait til I can throw away all my size 22s.   I also did my measurements the first week of March and in two months, I've lost 2.5 inches on my hips and 3 inches on both my bust waist and bust.    Can't ignore actual numbers proving I'm getting smaller.    And the thing that I'm the most proud of is that today is my 10th day of getting up early (daylight savings time - or is it the end of it? - is kicking my butt this week but still doing it) and walking for 30 minutes.  I don't think there's ever been a time in my life when I've exercised that many days in a row.   Consistency is an issue I struggle with in many areas of my life and it feels so good to do something so important to my health consistently.    And one more thing... the last couple weeks, I've pretty much forgotten I even have foot problems.   They aren't bothering me AT ALL.   

I'm on such a good path and things are just going to get better!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray! You are doing so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those NSV's are fantastic! It is all adding up.

    I remember reading that doing a little thing CONSISTENTLY will yield much more in the long run than doing one big thing, but only doing it hit and miss. So, you are on the right track!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels great to fit into smaller clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...consistency!!! I seem to have it in every area BUT weight!!! Ugh!

    You are doing great. Congrats on your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are major NSVs!!! 15 pounds is a lot of weight. I know we always want to lose it faster, but that's not always a good thing. This way you'll be more likely to keep it off. Ask me how I know. :)

    I had foot problems too at my highest weight and after I lost the first 20 pounds it was like a miracle. Foot pain gone!

    Great job and I look forward to following you to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stoppping by to say I miss your posts! I hope all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete