Blogging my weight loss journey.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

4 Days in a Row!

I got up early 4 days in a row and walked 30 minutes on my treadmill.  Yahoo!!!  This is such a sucess for me because I can't remember the last time I strung together 4 days of exercise.   And I am so not a morning person so getting up at 5:30 just about kills me but the feeling I get after I exercise is so worth it.   And it's so nice to get it out of the way early in the morning.   Thanks to Loretta, Barbara, Lisa & M for your nice comments on my new workout room.   It really is a nice cheerful room and I'm loving that I have it!

We took our Girl Scout troop snowshoeing yesterday.   My assistant leader is so much more of an outdoor person so this was obviously her idea.    We went behind the grade school and the plan was for her to take the kids on a little trail behind the school.  I'd take a few pictures and then wait for them all to come back.   It all started out ok but I could see that most of the kids were getting quite a bit ahead and my daughters and another girl were hanging back so I trudged through the wet heavy snow to be with them so the other leader could catch up with the other girls.   Both of my girls were big whiners about the whole thing from before they even put the snowshoes on.  I said to them at one point, you really need to try this so you don't end up like me.  Because there was no way I was putting snowshoes on!    Well after trying to walk with them a little bit, both of my girls had their snowshoes off and my older daughter became absolutely impossible to deal with.    So I sent her back to the school (so much for the 'helper' she was there to be) and guess what I did - I put on her snowshoes!!    And you know what... I didn't break them or fall on my butt or die of embarrasment!  And they worked really good.  I was was able to walk on snow.  Go figure.   It was actually a lot of fun.    There was a lot of whining going on (not just from my daughters) and about half way through, several of the girls were carrying their snowshoes but I think overall it was a positive experience for most of them.    Afterwards, they played on the playground and then we went in for cookies and hot chocolate so all was right with the world.    Still can't believe I actually tried snowshoeing myself!   Definitely didn't live up to my fears.

Here are our girls with my assistant leader (my youngest daughter is the one in pink kneeling down):


Here's my older daughter - probably the last time she smiled for awhile...


And here I am.  From the height of my 7 year old - not exactly my best angle.  But hey... my pants look baggy. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your exercising! And that is so cool you tried snowshoeing. I think it is fun to try new things. I wish I did it more. And yes, your pants are baggy! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great workout
    i am new to your blog
    cute pics though
    from
    bee620.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to do something that gets us out of our comfort zones. It helps us grow. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like fun!

    Congrats on working out that many days. Whoohoo!!

    ReplyDelete