Blogging my weight loss journey.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Loving Spring!

It is so wonderful that spring is arriving early here this year.   Take that you stupid groundhog.  ;)   We are usually due to get a couple more good snowstorms in March and although that might happen, the rain of the last couple days is doing a great job of washing away a lot of our snow.    The warmer temps (and yes - everything is relative - only time of the year where mid-40s is 'warm') are wonderful.  

We've been having a lot of fun spending more time outside.  It's good for me but even better for my daughters - we've all spent too much time inside this winter.    Here's a cute picture of my daughter 'finally' getting to try out her motorized scooter which she got for Christmas.   Ok... the motorized scooter probably defeats the goal of getting outside and exercising but she loves it and she must be working on her core muscles cause she looks like she really has to work on her balance while usuing it.  ;)


So good news on the exercise front... I got up today for a 5th day in a row and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  I'm on a real roll now!     And even better, I walked another 30 minutes and did some work on my arms with the weight machine last night after work.   Having a Tivo in my workout room and only allowing myself to watch certain shows while I'm in there working out is great motivation.   I watch way too much TV and it's great to have guilt free TV watching time.   

Struggling with the food part lately but off to a good start today.    Actually did pretty good yesterday with the exception of the WAY too many Girl Scout cookies.  Didn't have a binge or anything - just one here or two there and by the end of the day they really add up.  No more opened boxes around today so it should be easier to resist.   

Hope you all have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Nice job on the exercise! Can you feel the difference? I have so much more energy on days I get up and move! I am also sooooo ready for spring! Bring on the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the exercise
    my son loves his scooter too

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to get outside after a long winter.

    I find that when I exercise good healthy eating seems to follow as I don't want to waste all the benefits from the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...your picture of "spring" looks a tad different than mine :)

    Congrats on the exercise. You are doing great. We only have a couple girl scout cookies left....thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is nowhere in sight for us. You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing fabulous, keep up the good work! I'm ready for Spring, too. It teases us with a hint of iself every few days around here.

    ReplyDelete