Blogging my weight loss journey.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Already?!

Well I guess I need to do some goals for March and reflect on February.   I'll do that in my next post!   

One February goal that I did complete with literally 15 minutes to spare was my new workout room!  Yahoo!!    It is such a pretty room and just as nice as I visualized it.     And finally after we first put up the walls a couple years ago, we now have ONE finished room in our basement.  From the floor trim up to the textured ceiling.    And now we're on a roll because this weekend, we might even have the bathroom finished!   I'll take some pictures of the new room today and post them tomorrow.    Oh yeah and I've actually been using the room too!   Walking 30 minutes a day (at least) most days and getting some time in on the bike too.

Last night, I did have a bit of a setback that really bothered me.  Having a setback itself didn't really bother me as I've had lots of those and I've getting really good at letting them go and moving on.  The part that bothered me is I kept eating even though I knew I wasn't hungry.  I didn't even like what I was eating anymore.  I told myself I didn't want anymore.   But I kept putting the food in my mouth.   It all started by waiting too long to eat dinner and I've already learned that leads to bad things.    I had to leave work early to pick up our troop's Girl Scout cookies.  Then for the next few hours we hauled and sorted our troops 1505 boxes of cookies and I was tired and hungry when it was time to head home.  You probably think I'm about to tell you about a GS cookie binge, eh?!   NO!!  Just had two Peanut Butter Patties.   That is a huge victory in itself.  Of course, there is lots of cookie time ahead so the struggle to avoid a cookie binge isn't over yet.    Anyway, back to last night.   On the way home, we stopped at Subway.  Knew I just didn't want to go home and cook and thought Subway would at least be somewhat healthy food and it was quick.   (Although the "Shamrock Shake" ad on the McD's sign almost pulled me completely to the dark side...)   I must've fell for the $5 footlong song because that's what I got.   Think I thought I could eat half yesterday and save the rest for today.   I was laying on my bed watching TV while I ate.  Another bad idea.   I mindlessly ate the first half and then started on the 2nd half.   That's when I started telling myself to stop.   Told myself I didn't really want it.   I really didn't.  It was started to not taste good.   But I kept mindlessly eating it while I watched TV.   It was so classic of the me I don't want to be.   And I was miserable the rest of the night.    I couldn't get the motivation to move off my bed and get anything done.  I dozed off and on  during one of my favorite shows.     I had already decided to take the night 'off' cause I was in a lot of pain from working so much in the basement lately but I didn't need to spend the night in a food-induced coma.    Grrr....   I guess the positive things to take from this is that even though I kept eating, I was AWARE of it and can learn something from that now.  I noticed how I felt later and made the connection instead of just being tired and not knowing why.    I did stop eating after the sandwich and didn't continue on a full blown binge (especially considering I now have 370 boxes of cookies in my house...). 

Today is going to be a good day!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Awareness equals success!! Good for you. When we get to the bottom on our mindless munching, I think we'll find true freedom.

    I have tagalongs, samoas, and dosidos in my house. Yummy!! I was thrilled when I saw the cute girls in green outside the local grocery store :)

    Thanks for rejoining me new blog. It's hard locating all my blogging buddies, so I was happy to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to overeat. I plan and measure all of my food and clean up my kitchen as soon as possible. That helps me when I've cooked my food. I completely avoid all fast food because I don't really go out of the house a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've learned. Similar eating moments have happened to me. But good for you it was a subway sandwich and not the girl scout cookies. Mine should be arriving any day now.

    ReplyDelete