Blogging my weight loss journey.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two days in a row!

And I'm not just talking about posting to this blog!  I exercised two days in a row too!  Okay for a lot of people on this journey, that's not such a big deal but for me it is.  My exercise has been so off track lately but things are looking up!   Yesterday morning, I got up early and walked 30 minutes on the treadmill and it felt GREAT.   Well not so much during the walking part but AFTER I felt great!   I was even looking forward to doing it again this morning.  Unfortunately, my body wasn't cooperating.    Or specifically my left foot wasn't up for it.   I recently self-diagnosed myself with plantar fasciitis (to which my doctor agreed I was probably right) and although it's been better lately, it kicks in whenever it feels like it.  I knew working in the basement on the concrete floor barefoot all weekend was going to cost me.  (Seriously Mary - put on some shoes!!)  The pain is always worse in the morning.     So I woke up as planned at 5:45 but the pain was so intense, I could barely walk to the bathroom.  Going 30 minutes on the treadmill wasn't going to happen.  So I made a deal with myself that if I couldn't do it in the morning, I had to do it on my lunch hour.     Then I remembered that it was a half day of school and the girls would be home at 12:20 and I would have to bring them to grandma's daycare.  Right in the middle of my lunch hour.  Perfect excuse to get out of exercising...  But I didn't give in.  I snuck away from my desk (work at home but have to work regular hours of 8-noon and 1-5) 10 minutes early at 11:50, got my 30 minutes in on the treadmill and walked upstairs just as the girls were getting off the bus.    YAHOO!!!  I did it!

Finishing February Strong! :)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! And Im so sorry about the pain, I totally understand. But you worked through it and didnt give in to it! Now go for 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It's really hard to work out when you're pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I am so sorry about the plantar fascitis. I suffered from this last year and have been grateful not to have it now. Maybe your Dr. already told you this but my podiatrist told me an exercise to do before I got out of bed. Roll a towell up and wrap it around the ball of your foot and then pull your foot towards you (feels like a calf stretch). Do it for about 20-30 seconds on each foot. This helped me so much with morning pain. And yes, ALWAYS wear shoes. I bought me a bright pink pair of Crocks on clearance just to wear around the house. Good luck, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was going to say exactly the same thing that Barbara suggested! My husband has plantar fasciitis, and his doctor told him the research shows that this exercise, done consistently every morning BEFORE you ever put weight on the feet, (every day whether they hurt or not) is just as good as the surgery they do on severe cases, without the side effect of scar tissue!!

    It's just that, most people won't DO it consistently, that's why they don't believe it works, and end up in surgery. But his doctor was convinced it was better NOT to go under the knife if at all possible.
    Hope yours gets better,
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girl..

    Just wanted to let you know I had to redo my blog, so I'm at a new location...

    ReplyDelete