Blogging my weight loss journey.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Finishing February Strong!

Can't believe we are almost at the end of another month.   Just a few days left and I'm really hoping to finish strong.    My weight has been up and down all month so if I want to see an overall loss for the month, I need to kick some (of my own) butt these last few days.   

Good news is that this morning I actually got my butt out of bed 45 minutes early and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.   It was really hard to get out of my warm and cozy bed but I'm so glad I did it.    And to no surprise, it made the rest of my morning go so much better.  I wasn't dragging myself around in a half-asleep fog trying to get my kids ready for school like usual.    After they got on the bus, I jumped in the shower and was sitting at my desk on time alert and ready for the day (I work at home but have to work a fixed schedule so need to be logged in and working at 8 am).    Now, if I can just remember that great feeling at 5:30 tomorrow morning and do it again...   Tonight, I'm going to put my workout clothes next to my bed and have the water bottle ready in the fridge.  So there will be no excuse or delays.  

Another good thing is the workout room is almost complete.    Just need to do the trim around the floor, stain the door and get the curtains sewn.  Will be done by my goal deadline of Sunday.    I'll post pictures then for sure.     It was so great to go down there this morning and walk on the treadmill in my pretty new room.    The new TV on the wall and Tivo with some of my favorite shows already recorded (yes, I'm spoiled!) were a great distraction while I walked.  

Went to my mom's for lunch and she had made a great spaghetti with ground turkey breast.  We have replaced ground beef with the ground turkey breast in several of our family recipes lately.   It was so yummy!   

So like I said, I'm going to finish this month strong!  It's just 5 days.  I can focus on eating right and exercising for 5 days.  No problem.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good job getting up early! It is amazing how great you do feel once you get going. I know it is hard to get up early, but will be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti with ground turkey breast. That's the only way we have spaghetti at my house.

    ReplyDelete