Blogging my weight loss journey.

Monday, February 1, 2010

February Goals!

Started this phase of my weight loss journey about a month ago but didn't set any definite goals other than following the WW points plan.    I think it will help to have a more definite plan so here are my goals for February:

1) Exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.   Would love to do more but keeping it low to start.

2) Eat on points with the exception of 'free' meal out Friday night.    And track online no matter what - even if I have to make things up - lol.   I do great every day until the end of the work day at 5.   Then I either forget to log dinner and snacks just assuming I have enough points left over or go to my mom's for a healthy dinner and unsure of points so don't put anything in.   So that's what I say about making things up - at least log the food even if I have to guess the point values.  

3) Plan out menus for the work week.    Need to avoid the 5 o'clock panic of not knowing what to make for dinner.   Also, keep finding recipes and even buying the ingredients but then not going through with making the recipe.   Plan ahead.  Plan ahead.  Plan ahead.

4) Finish our new work-out room in the basement.    Clear out the things that are still in there from its previous use as the 'cat room'.  Clean floors.  Finish drywall, prime and paint.  Do something with the floor.  Stain doors.    Move in treadmill and bike.   Buy a TV and run cable to room.    Yikes - good thing I have the whole month.   

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good set of goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your #3. I have done the 5 o'clock panic way too many times. Have you checked out TJ's Test kitchen? She has a lot of great recipes, most with a minimum number of ingredients too.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, planning ahead is major! It is the unsung hero of success.

    Thank you for the encouraging comment on my blog. I see you started in January of this year. This is your year to claim it! It will be fun to see your post on day 365. :-)
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! Im turning my office (which I dont use anymore) into a workout room too! Im so excited about it! I have just written down my goals as well, but I didnt do it as a monthly goal and I think thats a better idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome goals and gret job planning.

    - Lisa
    (http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete