Blogging my weight loss journey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A before and hope-this-is-how-I-look after picture...

We have a screensaver type of thing on our TV that shows our pictures. This one below popped up yesterday. I hate pictures of me. I REALLY hate pictures of me displayed on a 52 inch screen.





This picture was taken last March while we were on our vacation in San Antonio, TX. Obviously, I'm the one on the left. The one on the right is my baby sister. I don't remember being thin. Probably because the last time I was thin, I thought I was fat. I can't visualize thin. However, I can look at my sister and since we share a chunk of DNA, maybe I can visualize looking like that. Now that probably isn't too realistic since a) at 6 feet tall, she has 5 inches on me. b) she's 17 years younger than me, all the exercise in the world won't make up for that age difference and c) we don't share the same father so we share even fewer genes. Anyway, her shape is definitely something I strive for. She's healthy, she's fit, she's an athlete. (In fact, at Christmas she looked even better - think she lost the freshman 15 instead of gaining it!)

Despite the age difference (I left for college before she was a year old), my sister and I are VERY close and I know she'll be one of the most proud of me when I succeed on this journey. She's away at college in Florida and I might not see her again until May so I'm really hoping to shock her with my progress between now and then. Would be so awesome to be 30-40 pounds lighter by then.

Up above, I actually cropped my daughter out of the original picture. Her facial expression is good for some comic relief so I'll post the original below.



3 comments:

  1. That is great you have something like a visit with your little sister to look forward to. You look very happy in the picture, just think how happy you'll look in pictures you will take on your visit when you are healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! Your daughter is too cute. I love how silly kids can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, my sister, whom I'm very close with, is 17 years older than me! I'm the baby. :) But I don't look nearly as cute as your sister (probably because I'm 54!).

    I bet you can get down to look like her. I definitely see the resemblance in your faces, you both have the same pretty smile.

    I can't wait until you can post your after picture, next to your sister. That will be very cool!

    ReplyDelete