Blogging my weight loss journey.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Exercise Bike

Well it's the middle of day 3 and still going strong. Went grocery shopping again as I keep remembering all my favorites from other times on this journey. For lunch, I tried out a new whole grain bagel I found with ham, turkey and cheese. It was super filling and super satisfying. I've been doing good journalling my food which reminds me how much my eating has been out of control lately. I've been drinking lots of water which of course has me running to the bathroom constantly but I know that's an important part of the process!

Our new exercise bike arrived and I'm looking forward to putting it together tonight. Hoping it is a good exercise tool for me and my girls. My plan is that we'll have three stations with the treadmill, gazelle and bike and we'll be able to exercise together and take turns on each one to keep things fun and interesting. Which brings me to another project I have in mind and that is changing our mostly unused 'cat' room in the basement to a home gym. Although we have an open area in our basement that will work for the exercise equipment, I think having a special place dedicated to working out will be a great thing. A sign of the kind of lifestyle I want us to have. We never finished the drywall in that room so doing that and painting will be the biggest tasks. And when it's done, I can't wait to get a flat screen TV to mount on the wall! At some point, I'd also like to get a weight machine for in there but in the meantime our current three pieces of equipment will work for us.

One more thing... went to the dentist today and while I was sitting in the chair letting my mind wander while my teeth were getting cleaned, I tried to picture how different I could look the next time I get my teeth cleaned. A lot could change in 6 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment