Blogging my weight loss journey.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yesterday afternoon sucked!

Yesterday was a rough afternoon. I had a dentist appointment and it was a bad one. I was so tense during the whole thing even though I made a huge effort to relax. Then at the end I was frustrated that my insurance covered VERY little and I had to put the $1200 charge on my credit card. When I got home, I was tired and stressed. When the numbness in my mouth finally wore off, I ate a whole bunch of junk and felt even worse. Well it wasn't complete junk - at least compared to what I would've eaten a month ago. I think I had 4 granola bars, pretzels, dry fruit loops, fruit snacks, almonds, and 2 WW ice cream bars. All within an hours time. Then I decided I needed supper and had a big bowl of honey nut cheerios. And what's really bad is that I had to be mindful of my chewing because I have a temporary crown and can't chew on my right side so I can't even pretend I wasn't aware of each and every bite. I felt guilty the whole time and knew at the time it was classic emotional eating. I knew I could and should stop but didn't really care. A couple hours later - at only 7 pm - I was falling asleep on my bed while trying to watch TV. Big surprise - that is what happens to me when I eat too much sugar. Then the acid reflux kicked in and I was afraid I'd throw up. Haven't felt that in a LONG time. Uggggghhhh.

Well that was yesterday and things are going so much better today. Thankfully God has given me a new day and a fresh start. What a blessing! So I'm going to take whatever lesson I can learn from yesterday and move on. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...are we twins? I went to the GYN (double ugh) yesterday and about overdosed on Chinese last night!!!

    I'm restarting this whole process.....AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I wish it was chinese food - I would've enjoyed it more! :) Good luck on your restart!

    ReplyDelete