Blogging my weight loss journey.

Monday, January 11, 2010

One week down!

So the first week was a great success! 6.6 pounds down - of course I know the first week is mostly water weight but i'll take it however! 6.6 pounds gone forever!

My motivation is still really high. I'm almost calm about it - a sense of acceptance I didn't have before. Really confident about losing the weight this time.

One of my greatest successes this week was going to the bar yesterday for the Packer game (even though the Packers were'nt successful...). They had a whole table full of food and I stuck with my plan to have just a little of what I REALLY wanted. So I had a few meatballs and small bowl of the wild rice soup. The soup was creamy and had some bacon so probably high in points but I just had a little and I throughly appreciated and enjoyed it. I did resist the polish sausage and chips and other yummy stuff. I had a little and was satisfied. A friend of mine won a big bag of peanut clusters and even though us trying to be 'good' begged her not to open them, she did. At first I felt a little panicked about it because I really love them and knew I couldn't stop with just one. Then I realized I wasn't even all that tempted. Instead I took the bag and used my phone to calculate the points (5 for 3 of them) and decided they just weren't worth it! Other than that, I had a couple 2 point drinks and a few Diet Cokes and a bag of pretzels. No idea on the points but I had plenty left for the day and week and felt good about the whole thing. Also, didn't eat anything after I got home at 7 which was great too.

My BIGGEST success yesterday was getting my 9 year old daughter to drink a fruit smoothie. It was actually her idea to make one and she loved it. I don't think my daughter has had a full serving of fruits or vegetables since she was about 3. It's no surprise she also has a weight problem. She says she likes apples and kiwi but in reality will only nibble a little and that's it. A vegetable? Out of the question! The closest thing she gets to that is tomato soup. It's a constant struggle with us. Anyway, the smoothie had a cup of strawberries and a half cup of blueberries and some sugar free orange drink mix (from the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook). I'd have never been able to get her to eat even one strawberry or one blueberry but here she was drinking a cup and a half of them! So I guess we'll try smoothies from now on! She has some ideas for other ones too and was really excited about it. And maybe with time she'll finally develop a taste for fruit. It's definately a step in the right direction!

My goals for this week are:
1) Stay within points
2) Exercise on the bike at least 20 minutes a day. Foot is still hurting so unfortunately, have to ease into excercise.
3) Keep blogging/journalling.
4) Follow some other blogs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment