Blogging my weight loss journey.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Update and Weigh In

Aaaahhhh the weekend is over already!!

Friday night, we had a splurge dinner and had pizza from our best local place. I made sure to enjoy every bite guilt free. After all, my life will always include pizza from this place! Life just aint worth living without it. LOL :) We have gotten in the habit of ordering two pizzas lately so there is always leftovers for the morning (it is really good cold!!) but this time we just ordered one which was more than enough for us three for dinner. We've also gotten in the habit of taking our pizza and going to our separate places to watch TV while we eat it and this time we sat at the table and ate together as a family. My best success was not snacking on ANYTHING from dinner through to bedtime. In the past, going 'off plan' like that would lead to a huge bingefest of everything bad to eat. I had the pizza and enjoyed it and that's it.

Saturday was a busy day getting stuff done around the house but took the time that night to have movie night with my girls. Need to do that more often! Had a hard time that night resisting snacks but I succeeded. I remember at one point standing in the kitchen looking for something to eat and telling myself you aren't even hungry. So I left the kitchen telling myself you can only come back if you feel actual hunger. Didn't happen and I felt great about it!

Earlier in the day, I made a new pizza for us (we used to have pizza 5 times a week so two days in a row is nothing...). Of course, this time it was a much healthier version. Whole wheat crust, sauce, turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese. My older daughter questioned the crust right away but ate it just fine. The younger one only ate the toppings. So it was a partial success. I thought it was pretty good although the crust (like the whole wheat tortillas earlier in the week) will take some getting used to.

Sunday, my mom came over and made some AWESOME turkey chili. It was a great lunch AND dinner. And still have a couple bowls left over. My mom is a great cook but unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention growing up to gather any of those skills myself. So I had her show me what she did with the chili and definitely something I can do myself in the future. And I love how it is all 'real' ingredients plus it lasts for a couple days.

The only fruit both of my girls will eat is canned pears. (And even that's a struggle at times for my older daughter.) So with my new effort to make sure they eat fruit every day, they've been having a LOT of pears. For dinner last night, I tried to give them fruit cocktail. First I had to pick out the grapes, then the cherries, then the pineapple so they was just pears and peaches left. My younger daughter finally ate that but my oldest still wouldn't touch it. I did everything to encourage it but finally gave up. Wouldn't let her have an extra snack later because of that which led to a hour long tantrum from her about how horrible her life and especially her mom is. So I guess I'm proud that I stuck to it but darn it she sure makes things hard sometimes. That same daughter did tell me on Saturday that she likes us eating healthier cause we spend a lot more time together. So I'll just remember that and put the tantrums out of my mind.

And on to the best news today... weigh in this morning and I'm officially down 3.6 pounds this week for a total of 11.6. Yahoo!! I'm now .6 below my previous WW start number of 274 (from 5 years ago). Ya know the weight that WAS my highest weight ever... until I found out recently I had a new highest weight ever... So I can stop beating myself up about that stupid number and move on.

Hoping for another great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found my blog. It will be fun to follow eachother's journeys. Great job on the pizza! I think that going from ordering two pizzas to just one will make a difference for your family now and wehn you want to maintain your goal weight. Keep up the good work! Your daughters learn to enjoy fruit....sooner or later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the pizza. I really love to hear when someone allows themselves to eat something they love and don't go punish themselves and eat in excess afterwards. I've done that cycle way too many times.

    It makes a whole lot more sense to eat what you want and then not binge because you did. I'm a slow learner...haha.

    Just keep offering your girls different types of foods. My son was so picky when he was little...now he's 17 and eats everything.

    ReplyDelete